Heat Waves Hit Siliguri - Electric Pole Catches Fire at Seth Srilal Market Today Morning
An electric pole in front of Janpath building at Seth Srilal Market in Siliguri caught fire today morning at 9am.
Next building resident Sudha Bajla who saw the electric cables burning immediately raised alarm and alerted locals. Soon fire brigade was called.
First the fire brigade sprayed foam to check if current is there or not in the wires. On finding out there was no current water was used to bring the fire under control.
By 10am the fire was brought under control. Huge number of wires have been gutted. As the mercury level in rising in Siliguri, more electricity is been consumed in cooling the temperature. Plus the outer heat of the sun. Hence old cables tend to worn out.
Please check your cables at home. If they are old and sticky, immediately replace them.