Fire at a residence in Kolabari near Siliguri today morning - Fire controlled on time
A fire took place at Kolabari near Siliguri today morning at 10.45am. Fire was result of a diya which was left unattended.
As the fire started locals noticed it and doused the flames immediately. One small portion of the house has been burnt.
Later Fire Brigade and Police too arrived at the spot. The house belongs to one Dilip Sharma. Kolabari is between Devidanga and Milan More area of Siliguri.
One message to all don't leave the diyas near flammable or any other objects that can catch fire. If it's near a window make sure the wind doesn't change the direction of flame and if curtains are there do tie them up. Please share this information with everyone.
Bijay Kafley, ILS